I think I've been fortunate with the silicon hoses (for the price, I should be!) but that was mainly thanks to reading your thread and hearing about the issues you were having. Once again I visited many forums on the vagaries of silicon hoses and amongst the bad press (apart from looking pretty) it made a big point of cleaning all the contact surfaces, so I cleaned metal joiners and the inside of the pipes within an inch of their life.
And what do you know? When I had the tunnel out the other day, at the engine end there was a minor weep that had left a small puddle on the floor sheet. 'Have silicon, be prepared to top up often', would that be the saying?
I have no idea what you mean? LOL, I was tempted by the gold hoses but at £60 a meter I passed.
In all seriousness, I went with the silicon as it seemed everyone else was. I did find the wire reinforced stuff simplified the route of the pipe and removed the 'kink' worry. I didn't look to see if there was something similar in rubber.
Ah yes so you have:-) looks and sounds great to me, the whole build looks a really neat and clean job. So are you please with your creation :-) I can only imagine yes is the answer, I find I just look for any recuse to go for a drive even just to the shop for milk that we don't need:-) Andy
So just the same as lakestr1ke in his 'help' thread my engine stopped near the end of a 20 mile trip. I was coming into my village and was changing down and put my foot on the clutch and...... nothing, the engine just stopped. After about 5 minutes, it decided to start again and I nursed it the rest of the way home. I did a bit of 'Googling' on the subject and similar issues were put down to the throttle position sensor (TPS). I read the manual and found how to test the TPS and all seemed fine. When I put the TR1ke together I never took the throttle bodies apart so decided to remove them to make sure everything was clean and free moving. Please note the number on the sensor -
On the left is the TPS and on the far right is the secondary TPS I believe. I'd read the TPS had been modified so made the assumption that because both has the same number, mine probably hadn't. Anyhow, a new TPS is £120, so when I saw an entire throttle body on Ebay for £100, I gambled and bought it. Below is the new throttle bodies on the engine. note the number on the TPS again -
I making a bit of a leap of faith here but I'm hoping the number change means the replacement Throttle bodies has the modified TPS. What you can't see is the mismatched screw holding the other side of the sensor in. I'm taking this as another indication someone's had the sensor out and dropped the screw (we've all been there).
Roads were dry today so I took her out for a bit of a trip again to test things out and I'm happy to report no issues at all. In fact it seems a bit faster!