A quick update on the build so far, nothing actually bolted to the chassis yet but plenty of parts being made ready for when I do.
This is a pic of the wishbones that I've just powdercoated using my Electrostaticmagic diy kit and a cheap second hand electric oven. I also coated the rear uprights, these are at a mates having the wheel hub bearings pressed in.
Also a refurbed sierra rack came today, I have a quick rack conversion ready to slot in.
Did a little bit of work on the exobusa this weekend, drilled the fixing holes for the floor but not going to fix it until later in the build. Also mounted the steering rack and the quaife diff and got the bearings pressed into the rear uprights. I'm not happy just relying on the 4 fixings for the diff mounting plates, I think there's a good chance the whole thing could easily move in the slotted fixing mounts. So will weld some 8mm threaded bosses either side to stop any movement and will also help doing chain adjustments.
Was planning on dropping the motor mounts to take advantage of the shallow dry sump but decided not to bother. If it was going to be used as a full on race car then the 35mm I could lower it by would be worth the effort, but i'll make do with just dropping the ride height when on track days.
Hi mate, you may already be aware of this but Stuart pointed out to me today that Exo have left out two important pieces of bracing from our chassis and I just wanted to be sure you were aware whilst yours was still able to be corrected.
Thanks for the heads up, yes I did see the posts earlier today. I'm not convinced it really needs any extra bracing but even if I did add some it definitely won't be positioned where stuart has suggested, lol.
What dimensions do you need from the rear drive shaft setup, I can take measurements off mine if it helps speed things up.
Can't you just line you diff + rear sprocket up with the engine sprocket, that'll give you the lengths you need for the drive shafts.