Post by The Management on Oct 5, 2008 17:07:31 GMT
"This forum is for MEV designed/approved/supported vehicles only".
As a member/user of the MEV Owners Group forum, we expect high personal standards of self moderation. We expect you to conduct yourself appropriately in full knowledge and account of the rules listed below.
We promote a friendly environment where members can freely exchange ideas. We welcome all skill levels and if you wish, please make those skills known. However, this is not a forum for general trade advertising.
The forum is moderated, and posts are monitored on a regular basis. Any posts found to breach any of the rules will be acted upon.
• foul language, directly or indirectly
• abusive posts
• brand-damning or damaging comments
• sexist remarks or images
• advertising by unauthorised traders
will be removed, as appropriate.
Any posts moved or deleted will be marked as such, so you can contact the administrators if you disagree with our actions.
Breaches of these terms & conditions will be dealt with on an individual case-by-case basis; persistent breaches may result in a suspension and/or a permanent ban.
MEV Ltd and/or the forum Staff/Moderators cannot be held responsible for any false, inaccurate, offensive or otherwise unacceptable content on these message boards.
In extreme cases we will not hesitate to report members to their Internet Service Provider (ISP) or take legal action.
Should you wish to see changes in subject matter, layout, or order etc. then we request those changes be posted for consideration in 'Forum Improvements'. Should there be a general consensus of agreement, 'the Management' shall attempt to introduce them.
Forum 'Staff' Guidelines
Guidelines for Moderators
As a Moderator of the MEV Owners Group forum you are expected to perform certain tasks and to follow basic guidelines. We promote a friendly environment where members can freely exchange ideas in a non-offensive manner. Moderators should promote and demonstrate the principles of the forum and are not exempt from the general rules.
1. As a Moderator, you are expected to be active on the forum. This not only includes logging in frequently, but posting, especially in the board(s) that you moderate.
2. As an active Moderator, you are expected to help Members by offering your knowledge or providing guidance when necessary.
3. You are expected to conduct yourself on the forum in a representative way - no offensive behaviour or arguments. We are the rôle models for the forum and members will emulate our actions.
4. Do not allow comments about members or the brand which could lead to potential members/owners being discouraged from joining and enjoying the forum. Remind Members that if they have any product-related issues they should first of all contact the manufacturer before considering posting criticism. Posts like “the parts are crap” should be moderated and moved to the 'Waste Basket' as they are not helpful to anyone, including the member that posted the comment. Posts that are considered constructive criticism, but may potentially damage the brand, should be moved to the 'Technical Section' under the appropriate subject heading, posting the following reminder:
"Some simple guidelines for participating members to keep in mind: try to keep emotions in check; no lambasting of the brand or product; posts should be informative and detailed about the issue rather than, simply, "its crap"; avoid adding unnecessary posts to the thread as this quickly detracts from the subject."
Allow the discussion to continue, then send the original poster (OP) a personal message (PM) explaining why the post was moderated noting any applicable forum rules.
5. Notify a forum administrator of any violations that cannot be handled as a Moderator and send a warning to the Member. In an instance where a Member's behaviour is so offensive that it requires a ban, contact an administrator.
6. If a thread is started in the wrong board, move the thread to the correct board, but ensure that you PM the originator of the thread that you have done so.
7. If a thread begins to get off-topic, split the thread and all applicable posts into a new thread with an appropriate title.
8. Treat all Members with respect. As a Moderator, you should exercise restraint when responding to an infraction. Try to keep your personal opinions regarding members to yourself as it reflects negatively on the forum. A Moderator's responsibility includes acting in a manner that is considered unbiased and level-headed.
9. Learn and be familiar with all of the forum rules and policies. Moderation actions should only be taken in response to a direct infraction of these rules and for no other reasons. When in doubt, contact a forum administrator for advice on how to handle a situation.
10. All information in the Moderator forums and sub-forums is considered CONFIDENTIAL and should not be shared with other Members or non-members. If a Moderator is found disclosing information from this forum, they will be immediately and permanently IP banned - no questions asked.
11. No Moderator should edit anyone's posts. If there is a dispute regarding a post please send a personal message (PM) to the original poster (OP) to discuss it or remove the post. Posts should only be removed when absolutely necessary - such as when maintaining the integrity of the thread, or the integrity of the forum and its guidelines/rules.
12. Acting as a Moderator is done on a completely voluntary basis. Should you choose to stop moderating or plan to be absent from the forum for an extended period, please send a message to a forum administrator.
Guidelines for Manufacturers
As a Manufacturer you are expected and encouraged to participate. This forum has been set up to promote the ease of assembly and enjoyment of ownership of the MEV designed products that you produce. Whereas the Moderators are responsible for the conduct of Members, it is hoped that you as a Manufacturer will embrace and use the forum to disseminate information that will enable your customers, the Owner members, to enjoy and make full use of the products that you supply. Manufacturers should promote and demonstrate the principles of the forum and are not exempt from the general rules.
1. As a Manufacturer, you are encouraged to visit the forum regularly. This not only includes frequent Logins, but posting, especially in those areas in which you have an interest.
2. As a Manufacturer, you are expected to help owner members, your customers, by offering knowledge that you have or providing guidance when necessary so that their journey of building and owning your product is as easy and enjoyable as possible.
3. You are expected to conduct yourself on the Forum in a way that represents the great product that you supply, so no offensive behaviour or arguments. We, as the staff, are all rôle models for the forum and members will emulate our actions.
4. We do not allow comments about Members, products or the designs in general which could lead to potential members/owners being discouraged from joining and enjoying the forum. Moderators, not Manufacturers, will remind Members that if they have any product related issues that they should first of all contact you, the manufacturer before considering posting criticism on the forum. Posts like “the parts are crap” will be moved by the Moderators to the 'waste basket' as they are not helpful to anyone including the OP (original poster). Posts that are considered constructive criticism but may potentially damage the products or brand will be moved to the 'Technical Section' under the appropriate subject heading and dealt with accordingly (see moderation guidelines). Manufacturers are encouraged to actively participate in any discussion.
5. Notify a forum moderator/administrator, or post in the staff section, any violations that you see or concerns that you may have with post content, or the conduct of any member of this forum, so that appropriate action can be taken.
6. As a Manufacturer your ability to affect free speech on this forum is limited and therefore you will have to rely on and trust the judgement of the Moderators you have taken part in nominating. However, you will have the ability to 'sticky' important, informative and product-improvement threads to the top of pages, thereby bringing them to the prominent attention of Members.
7. Treat all Members with respect. Expressing your personal opinions regarding Members reflects negatively on the forum and, more importantly, may alienate forum guests who are your potential customers. The responsibility of being a Manufacturer on this forum includes acting in a manner that is considered unbiased and level-headed.
8. Learn and be familiar with all of the forum rules and policies.
9. All information in the staff forums and sub-forums is considered CONFIDENTIAL and should not be shared. If a Manufacturer is found disclosing information from this forum, they will be immediately and permanently IP banned - no questions asked.
10. Participating as a Manufacturer on the forum is done completely voluntarily and it should be viewed as a 'positive' in terms of sales and marketing, in your overall goal to make your products a commercial success. Should you plan to be absent from the forum for an extended period, please inform a forum administrator as a courtesy.