Thought id start a bit of a thread on my car. Ill be posting developments of my car as i try and improve it from the initial build. Bit of background, my car is based on a tR1ke but has the hayabusa engine in. Its slightly longer and wider than the tR1ke. Took me and my dad about 6 months to build.
Since the car has been MSVA'd i have lowered the rear end due to it sitting too high. This was pretty straight forward and cheap by using lowering links.
At MSVA stage i had buttons on the steering wheel for gear changes. since then i have fitted paddles.
One major issue i have come across is getting petrol in and the standard tank brackets not being up to the job, the tanks when full bend the brackets the tanks on the triabusa are larger so not sure if this has anything to do with it but also i have a fuel swirl pot and header tank mounted above the tanks limiting access for the fuel pumps. To over come the issue i have had some different tanks made up which sit behind the seat like the exobusa.
Over the winter i intend to fit the tanks and re do the wiring, neaten it up. For now im just trying to get some miles in and enjoy my build
another mod i'm on with is the hand brake. Ive just taken delivery of a raptor rear caliper
This is hydraulic and mechanical all built into one. So need to get some head scratching done to get it mounted and working right. This set up was recommended by the MSVA guy as he knew full well of the issue people have with the usual hi spec set up. Mine was a right pain to get through the test and since then has been poor.
Stripped the tanks out this morning. I was going to wait till later on in the year to do this but I have a clutch issue and before I upgrade the master cylinder I wanted to get the clutch hose to the right length. The one supplied with the kit was miles to long. I just took the access up in the tunnel. So I want to get that to the right length before I do anything. The car is not great to drive at the mo so figured this needs doing. Problem is to get to it I need to remove the tanks. So might as well do the lot while I'm on ?.
As you can see there's a lot of space now at the rear end. The other side is a right mess lol where I ran all the cables and stuff. Considering making some alloy panels up for the rear to tidy it up to the eye.
The new tanks have a tab on the front which sits on the seat rail and then one either side which will have spaces and mounted to the floor. Only holes in the bulk head will be for fuel pipes. I'll get some pics up as soon as I have one mounted.
Mounted one tank tonight. All seems to fit really well and feeds to and from the tank should be straight forward. With the three brackets bolted down it seems pretty solid so not sure any more support is need but will fill the tanks and then review. Once the other thank is in and all plumbed in I can get on with the clutch and tidying the rear end up. Need to get it all done over the next few weeks as moving house so time will be soaked up with decorating