Which raises a question I have, what are people thinking of using for the steering wheel? There is a very nice (and expensive) mota-lita wheel available which is an Aston copy but has anyone found anything better?
This is the wheel I used, looks the part and reasonably priced:
You can switch wheels NA> NB NB> NA the difference is the clock spring unit. The problem is the 2 tits that cancel the turn signals are 12 and 6 on NA and 3 and 9 on NB wheel. I know you can drill 2 new holes in the back of the NB wheel to use on NA shaft.. Have not tried NA to NB drilling then might be enough space.. Do you need self cancel turn signals for IVA?? Horn wire is just a ground supply to relay..
HELP ME 2 HELP YOU - please complete your Personal information: go to Menu>Profile>EditProfile>Personal>Signature> enter country code (UK,USA,etc.) your MEV, your donor's year and engine size (then click Save) This leads to faster trouble shooting!
Mawdo81 is spot on, need indicators and hazard lights with a tell tale on the dash. I fitted an audible buzzer for a motorbike as it can be hard to see if you have an indicator going in an open top car.
Has anyone looked into copying the wing mirrors from the original? Bit of a funny setup with a post going between body and screen but would look good if done. Merlin Motorsport do a mirror for a single seater that is a close copy for the original mirror if the post can be made.
Things are moving along, got my collection dates from Stuart for the kit. Going to have to get a van as my current daily drive doesn't have a tow bar even though I have a trailer. Will be collecting mid Jan so just had a big garage tidy to make space. Already got new wheels on order and a few other parts have already arrived.
I've just ordered a batch of those clips in my thread I think they should hold the two 8mm outer diameter fuel lines and the 3/16 perfectly along the chassis means just one hole and could be a good solution. Hopefully they will be with me mid next week and if they do the job maybe useful.
Hi John, already stocked up with P-clips, plus I have decided to get some assembly done before I run the pipework, just to give me a better fit. I have one of those drill accessories that turns the bit through 90 degrees if space is tight. Unfortunately the pop rivets were not in stock when I collected so I have cut and drilled the floor but waiting for the post before I can fit. To keep me busy i have been cleaning up the pedal box. I might get the headlights fitted as well if nothing in todays post.
Had my first nearly full day on the kit. It is amazing how fast initial progress is, it looks like a car already. Hoping tomorrow to get it on some suspension, quite an upgrade from the current bits of broom handle.